Trajan King has been dominating the Internet since 1995 and hasworked successfully with clients such as eBay, Adobe, Honda, Symantec, Oracle, AMD, Apple Computer, and Yahoo! He is the CEO of InvincibleStartup.com and ExactConversion.com.
Trajan is working everyday to provide non-stop value for startups and entrepreneurs looking to expand their products, brands, and businesses. Through invinciblestartup.com, Trajan and his crew provide courses, guides, strategies and mentorship to the lifeblood of any startup.
This interview is seriously stacked with value – and I’m completely honored to have had the opportunity to chat with Trajan. (such a baller ass name too, right? J)
Here are the highlights of my funky conversation with Trajan:
- 4:30 : How it is being a consultant in the Silicon Valley, working with 15 startup companies, being a CEO, and managing InvincibleStartup.com to train and mentor entrepreneurs to help them get off the ground,
- 07:40 : Learning from his mentor early on, the lifelong impact a coach can bring and the importance of having one,
- 10:45 : About his team and their mentoring methods such as video-taped interviews, entrepreneurial video courses and doing all of them hand in hand with mentors,
- 13:06 : Tips in growing our internet business such as building our email list through social media to build an audience, starting lean and building up from customer feedback,
- 22:35 : A discussion about the startup pyramid: the contrast between how startups are usually done and how Trajan believes it should be done basing on his experience,
- 28:25 : SEO and what works in driving traffic to your websites: making your content personable and unique, being active and connecting your content to social media and focusing on conversion, and
- 32:29 : Why we should take the effort to build our ‘About Us’ section in our websites and include credible data, contact information and chat at the very top of our pages and other tips and tricks which would lead to conversion.
To defeat Godzilla with his talents…
- “I would get one of the fighters in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and I’d take him down like a snow walker. He’d fly around in circles, feet bound-up, and once he falls over, I’d light him on fire, roast him, and feed the whole country for a month.”
- Get knocked down seven times but get back up eight times.
- No matter how cool you are, there’ll always be somebody cooler than you.
- Be yourself in your medium, whether it’s a podcast or Facebook or Twitter, and people will gravitate towards you.
- Ideas are a dime a dozen, it’s the execution that matters.
- SEO gets people to your website but conversion gets them to buy something.