Look, I’m no different than you. I struggle like you wouldn’t believe. I doubt myself, I fail, and I question everything I do, all the time.
People tell me often that they wish they had my energy and drive. Others tell me they have no idea how I get so much done.
I’ll tell you how.
I recently went to a holistic Doctor to have some tests done on my health. I wanted to run my hair, blood, and urine samples through a lab to see if there was room for improvement.
Guess what? I have severe bone deficiency from taking acid reflux blockers my whole life. Oh yea, I also have 0 boron in my body. Oh yea, I have a toxic high level of Copper. Oh yea, I have the testosterone and energy of a 90-year-old man.
You could say there is room for improvement.
So how is this possible? People want to borrow my energy, but I have none to give.
I run 8-10 miles a week to keep pace with the 500 mile goal I set this year. I eat a whole plant-based foods diet to eliminate complications with my digestion and acid reflux problem (and I’ll admit I’m completely against the raising and slaughtering of conscious animals.) I also wake up every morning at 4-5 am to practice the miracle morning through writing, reading, meditation, exercise and practicing the guitar. Then, I go to work for 8-10 hours followed by another 3-5 hours of fist pumping with creative around the world, working on projects, and keeping a smile on my face.
I feel so good. My energy levels are great. My testosterone is champion status. 🙂
You know why I feel so good? It’s because I choose to feel good. I choose to take action on the things that should be handicapping and limiting me. I choose to make changes that will reflect the life I once thought was impossible.
If you want to borrow my energy, choose to use your own first. It’s there, I promise.
It has to start with a vision. Do you have one? Where do you want to be? What if you could have anything in the world.. what would it be? What changes would you make in your life? Would you add more energy? Would you travel the world with your pants down?
You are the only one that knows the answer.
Now you have to choose to make it come true.
I was talking to Kelsie Manning earlier today, and she wrote this beautiful, deep blog about how she’s changing her perception of herself. I had to remind her that these brick walls we encounter are only there if we allow them. We have to choose our way around them.
So again, I ask you, what will make you change your perception?
The first step is writing down what you want. Choose to spend the next 30 minutes writing down EVERYTHING you want for your life. What does it look like when you are completely happy? What kind of people are you around? What does your ideal daily schedule look like? What are you doing to change the world?
As most of you know, one year ago I was 25k + in debt, working hard at my ‘career’ path to build my awesome ‘retirement’ at 63. I was drinking massive unhealthy quantities of alcohol daily, blowing every bit of income on bar tabs and eating out. I was playing video games and watching television 3+ hours a day, and I always felt helpless and in zero control of my future.
Below is the list that I chose to help change my life, slightly modified to some newer visions. If you need some ideas on how to shape yours, I hope this list helps. Remember, your goals won’t be anywhere near mine, but the idea is to carve the path you want to take. You have to design your vision before you can follow it.
I chose to make this list come true, and I’m doing just that:
Life List. (sorry for the formatting, but my eyes see in weird ways, and I like the sub points w/out bullets.)
I am the co-founder of PodcastPal.com
- I make monthly re-occurring revenue of $10,000 from this service.
- My employees are all remote, and I travel freely and work from wherever I want.
- The business is scalable and is always looking to the future of audio servicing.
- I have a co-founder and eight managers working with me full time.
- I feed value to the customers and audience via content marketing.
- I bring in additional revenue by sharing services I believe in through affiliate connections.
- PodcastPal exists as a web platform, iOS and Android mobile applications.
- I have a development team that works for me, full time.
- PodcastPal is featured on Huffington Post, Examiner.com, StartupStash, ProductHunt.com, AppMasters, The App Guy Podcast, TechCrunch, and Fast Company.
- Three sponsors fund me.
- I travel around the world and connect children with the endless possibilities of creativity through events and mentorship of creative superstars.
- I put on one event per month, all for charity.
- I give presentations and then interview creative superstars, followed by hands-on activities and giveaways with the children.
- I have an audio team, a video team, event coordinators, parent mentors and photographers who travel with me.
- The sponsors cover all of our expenses.
My home bases are Portland, Oregon and San Diego, CA.
- In Oregon, I own a small, simple cabin underneath Mt. Hood. I also own a condo near Portland, which I rent to cover the mortgage when I’m not around.
- In San Diego, I own a small condo off the coast a bit where it’s not so expensive. This is my base for the winter, when I’m not fist pumping somewhere foreign and exotic. I bike everywhere.
- I travel the world using the Share Economy, house-sitting, trading online services, and consulting for podcasts, blogs, and guidance in life to make money.
- I own a 1980 model pop up camper top van fully equipped with a sink, mattress and podcasting equipment. I travel around the states and document conversations with the most brilliant creatives.
I am the Best Selling Author of Pants Down Creative – Expose Yourself – A Series of case studies through people I’ve interviewed on ArtsyNow, as well as my twist on creativity – making time for your art, making $ online, and creating a network from scratch.
I am the Best Selling Author of Pants Down Nomad, my story and track to expose myself to the nomad life I love. Raw, No Filter. My vision and triumphs including where I started, how I changed course, my vision process, the tools and productivity techniques I learned, how I became location independent, and case studies with others I’ve interviewed in the nomad force.
I have traveled and worked from 30+ countries.
I have zero debt and live minimally. My only possessions are my passport, a backpack, books, a few clothes, my dogs, a kayak, a bike, audio equipment and my laptop.
I have a following of 5000+ on my blog at HeathArmstrong.com, where I connect with my audience.. people just like I was at 28 yrs old. Those who work full time to pay off student loan debt because their parents want them too. They also have 0 kids, aren’t married (or are without kids and a supporting partner), have the fire in them to make a difference.. and will if they are pushed hard enough. I will push them hard enough.
- This blog is very simple and market driven. I have minimal pictures, clean text, and the content solves problems and pain points. The site tracks my goals and acts as a hub for all my projects. I also have a podcast called Pants Down Nomad where I talk about the raw, unfiltered truth to people that are just like me. I bring guests on the show to discuss REAL issues and how to solve them. Most of the episodes are solo. There is a lot of humor involved, but it’s all to solve REAL problems. It will be my transparent story.
My daily schedule looks like this:
- 5:00 am- Awake, Shake dreams from my hair
- 5:05 am -Brew my first cup of super tea& chug some fresh spring water
- 5:10 am – Feed the pups and let them outside.
- 5:15 am – Walk out my front door and scream “Hello World” across the lake.
- 5:20 am- Light the incense and Meditate
- 5:35 am – Write in meditation journal (one that I created w/ Jeena Cho)
- 5:50 am – Begin 30 minutes of reading and highlighting awesomeness
- 6:20 am – Take a break to breath, think, and admire Lindsay’s beauty.
- 6:30 am – Begin 30 minutes to 1 hour of creative writing.
- 7:30 am – Play Guitar for 30 minutes while Lindsay dominates the Cello, Uke.
- 8:30 am – Go on 2-5 mile run/bike around forest/lake, followed by yoga.
- 9:30 am – Breakfast of a champion / Shower
- 10:15 am – 4:15 pm – Nonstop Beastly domination of Podcast Pal, Artrepreneur Now Foundation, or the main vision focus for the day, with a break around 1 for lunch.
- 4:30-5:30 pm – Catch up email, plan tasks for tomorrow.
- 5:30-6:00 pm – Meditate and pay thanks to the world.
- 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm – Dinner, then be outside. Be happy. Spend time with family.
- 10:15 pm – Bedskis. Time for lucid dreaming and polishing up the brain. Magic will ensue in the morning. Every day is a bonus round.
I completed the entire Appalachian Trail on foot.
I have seen the Pyramids, the Blue Lava in Indonesia, and the Northern Lights.
I have biked across the United States and Europe.
I have completed all my travel bucket list items here: http://artsynow.com/crush-your-stress-gremlins-and-revolutionize-excitement-in-your-life-the-physical-bucket-list/
I have made a difference.
I have peace of mind because I never left anything on the table.
This is my life list. This is my vision. I don’t have any children, but this is the closest thing to it. I care about this more than anything in the world. I choose to make it happen, and I am.
I’m kickstarting PodcastPal. I’m asking for sponsoring to take The Artrepreneur Now live. I’m paying off all my debt through a HUGE savings game. I’m creating a vision board game and a FREE 5 step audio series to accompany it) to keep my priorities straight. I’m writing every day to build content for my books. I’m building the peace of mind that so many us desire.
I’m not leaving anything on the table. I’m choosing my way around the brick walls.
I don’t spend my time on ANYTHING else except my daily life tasks that directly control my future.
I choose to have energy and to make a difference. I choose to write these posts instead of conforming to the resistance gremlins. I choose not to be on Facebook. I choose to fist pump.
It’s your turn right now.
Choose to set aside 30 minutes to create your life list.
As my friend Jason Moore always says, if not now, then when?
If you are interested in the 5 part audio series on visualization and how to prioritize your life list, you can sign up for the FREE 5 step audio series here 🙂 –> www.artsynow.com/vision <—
So quit sitting around hoping to borrow energy from someone else. Use your own, and make your vision a reality.
It’s your choice.
If you’ve missed any of the shows recently, you should boogie down and check out some of the newest episodes. They were epic:
86: How Nutrition Will Save Your Life w/ Jenny McElvaney
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS 🙂
COMMENT BELOW 🙂 🙂
RUN AROUND WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN 🙂 🙂 🙂
FIST PUMP TIL YOUR KNUCKLES BLEED YOUR DREAMS :0