SO! Feeling drowsy? Is your energy tanking towards the big stinky garbage can? You want to feel fit, healthy, and on top of the world, but you just don’t have any time?
Today is your lucky day.
No joke, Tammy Uyeda has created an app that will solve your problem. Not only did she build it to solve her problem, but also the app directly correlates to anyone who thinks they don’t have time to work out and feel awesome.
Tammy is a Physiotherapist, Certified Group Fitness Instructor, and mom of three busy kids, so she knows what it’s like to feel too busy to boogie with the fitness.
FitSpark is a revolutionary, new high intensity interval training (HIIT) fitness app that helps to eliminate barriers to exercise:
- Short, fast, efficient workouts (only 7 – 20 minutes long!)
- Requires little to no exercise equipment
- No membership required
- Hundreds of videos provide new workout options each time!
In this episode, we dive into the importance of health and the process of creating the app (despite Tammy having 0 previous app experience.)
Get ready to fist pump.
One hour to create something, with anyone…
- “The FitSpark health is my main parent company and I would like to spend more time in developing the bridge between fitness and physical therapy and really give people the tools they need to maintain and improve their health.”
To defeat Godzilla with her talents…
- “Burpee challenge! Let’s go, right now, Godzilla!”
- I just want to make it easy for people and reduce the barriers to exercise because once you have any barrier at all, it becomes the barrier that you cannot exercise.
- I found out how important mentors are and how it’s valuable to have people around me that are willing to share their expertise with me. It’s been key to getting me this far and keeping me sane.
- The power of the internet is amazing. No matter what specialty or what interest you have, there’s possibly there.
- The key is just being realistic about what you can accomplish. Don’t do number two until you finish number one.
- Time and time again in my life I see that, if something didn’t work, something else will come that is better, and so I don’t dwell in the fact that I have failures. I just keep going and realize that it wasn’t meant to be. I just keep my face to the sun.
- I have such a belief in active lifestyle, in preventing injury and minimizing illness that that’s truly where my heath lies right now.
- Moderation is key.
- FitSpark Website
- FitSpark Twitter
- FitSpark Facebook
- Tammy’s Instagram
- Tammy’s Twitter
- Tammy’s Email Address
- 05:48 : A rundown of what the FitSpark app is all about, Tammy’s goals in coming up with the app and how it can help you be motivated and accountable for you to keep on working out regularly,
- 09:36 : The benefits of exercise and how it impacted her productivity and why we should remove the barriers and our excuses in not exercising,
- 13:56 : Her background and specialties, how she started getting presence in social media, and how a homework project evolved to designing an app,
- 20:37 : The process of going from idea to fruition including steps such as beta testing and daily meetings hammering the details of the app,
- 23:58 : What the name FitSpark stands for her and the hardest things she had encountered during the whole development process,
- 26:00 : How she manages being a mother of three, having a day job and being an entrepreneur,
- 35:13 :Why she treats failures as things you simply have to learn in life, and
- 37:44 : What she does in combination to diet and fitness and how she balances both through moderation.