Jacqueline du Plessis is the definition of an artrepreneur- dominating fear and following her creative dreams with no boundaries. At only 29 years old, Jacqueline has traveled all over the world in pursuit of higher meaning, continuously conquering items on her bucket list and bringing gumption to others. She’s a marketing strategist, a business and personal consultant, a singer-songwriter, and a pioneer of creating the life we all LOVE. Words can’t describe this one.
Here are the highlights of my funky conversation with Jacqueline:
- 03: 53 – Born and raised in South Africa, she shares to us how she dreamed of traveling when she was young, how she landed in the US at 18 years old and how she worked her way up after starting from the bottom – literally cleaning bathrooms,
- 05: 28 – Courage, initiative, resourcefulness and the deeper meaning behind her definition of the word ‘gumption’ and why she chose this word in her publications,
- 09:32 – Powerful quotes which serve as her inspiration in following her passion, how she made it possible to pursue her goals of long-term travel, and how it led her to the creation of The Gumption Workbook,
- 17:00 – Ticked off items in Jacqueline’s bucket list so far and the greatest challenges she had faced in her travels together with what she does to plan for these hurdles,
- 21:50 – Laptops, dependable adapters, Trip Advisor, Fancy Hands, Adioso, Hotels.com, Agoda.com, and all the tools and resources she uses to support her as she travels around,
- 28:45 – A major tip in searching using an incognito browser to save big time on plane prices, and
- 33:39 – Her guidance on how to simply decide, remove excuses and just take action.
- The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- Simon Senik
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Brené Brown
- Trina Harmon
One hour to create something, with anyone…
- “I have a passion for movies so I would love to spend some time with Steven Spielberg and talk about making a movie or a short film with him.“
To defeat Godzilla with her talents…
- “I wrote a lullaby for my nephew and everybody who heard it said it makes you go to sleep. So, I’ll flip out my guitar and sing a lullaby so Godzilla will fall asleep, and I will hypnotize him so he will be my personal bodyguard. “
- This is your life, are you who you want to be? This is your life, is it everything you dreamed it would be? –This Is Your Life by Switchfoot
- If there’s something that you really want to do, with the right amount of time, effort, dedication and passion, you will get there.
- A lot of people know what they do and how they do it, but they don’t know why they do it. – Tim Ferriss
- Stop hiding the things that you are doing. It will inspire somebody so share anyway.
- Jacqueline’s website
- Jacqueline’s Facebook page
- Jacqueline’s Twitter
- Secret to Life – a song she has written and performed
- http://music.jacquelineduplessis.com/ – more of Jacqueline’s music