“We love art. We want to make it accessible to as many people as we can. We want to promote work that is truly and uniquely beautiful. We want to give talented yet unknown artists a chance to profit from their skills, efforts and insight. We want to give you an easy way to own a piece of remarkable art printed with quality, sustainable materials.”
Dmitri Tcherbadji is one hell of a creative. He the founder of ArtSocket, a platform for discovering unique and beautiful artwork/prints from a ll over the world. He is also a contributing artist to ArtSocket’s collection, a musical composer, a film creator/director.. and he’s hopping all over the world.
Summary of Show:
Here are the highlights of my funky conversation with Dmitri:
- 03:43 : Dmitri’s background from being born in Russia in the mid-80s to parents who worked in Bolshoi Theatre, to being disenchanted with art after immigrating to Canada, and becoming excited with engineering and math,
- 11:50 : How he excels at photography, his art form of choice, and the message, feel and experience that his art projects convey,
- 14:10 : About Art Socket, how it evolved, progressed and what he ultimately wants to accomplish with it,
- 17:37 : How he goes about finding the artworks, getting submissions and how he gets his collections going,
- 23:11 : The most interesting places he has been in from a creative perspective,
- 27:20 : Stand out experiences and the things he learned so far, and
- 39:08 : About the app, Eureka, which aims to transform how the technology, products and content are discovered.
One hour to create something, with anyone…
- “I always wanted to jam with Jimi Hendrix. He’d obviously out stage me and I’d look like an idiot in the corner but I would still be very happy.“
To defeat Godzilla with his talents…
- “I’d play something so ugly and nasty.”
- There’s no shame in not being that good at something that you love to do because the advantage of enjoying doing something is that you will continue doing it and it’s inevitable that you will get better.
- Dmitri’s Google+ profile
- Follow Dmitri on Twitter
- Dmitri’s LinkedIn profile