Dan Norris likes to drink beer and celebrate life, and he absolutely should. He is the founder of WP-Curve, one of the world’s fastest growing WordPress support companies, and a previous founder of informly, a web app that enabled business owners to get easy access to complex information about their business.
Dan is also the author of The 7 Day Startup, and was voted as Australia’s top small business blogger by Australia’s largest business magazine, Smarter Business Ideas, in 2013. He has a brilliant and hilarious personality, as our conversation ranges from horses and bourbon to the process of creating and accelerating WP-Curve when Dan’s financial situation was just about to bite the dust.
This one is for Australia.
Here are the highlights of my funky conversation with Dan:
- 06:43 : Founding WP Curve in 2013, the coverage of their services and how they were able to grow the company and maintain its success,
- 12:55 : About his previous start up,Informly, and how bad decisions influenced the shutting down of the company,
- 14:28 : How he met Alex, his co-founder and their long term goals for WP Curve, and
- 18:42 : Our discussion about getting out of your comfort zone, figuring out what you are good to help out other people and how podcasting can broaden your network and help you out with your ventures.
One hour to create something, with anyone…
- “I would probably create a song with Kanye West.“
To defeat Godzilla with his talents…
- “I’d get a whole bunch of attention to myself, like I do with my businesses, then distract him and run away as fast as I could.”
- It’s just a case of trying a bunch of things and working with what gets traction.
- Don’t drink bourbon and ride horses.
- Email: [email protected]