Are you a passionate about music? What about doing a little boogie to some killer jams at a live show?
Blake Addington is the Lighting Designer for the band The Werks, and he is one of the youngest in the game. He is also a drummer and a video editor. Oh yea, he Werks it out while working too- boogie boogie boogie!
His story is wild and is focused thoroughly on studying the greats of his trade, including Jefferson Waful of Umphrey’s McGee, Chris Kuroda of Phish, Daniel Huidt of Papadosio, and Luke Stratton of Dopapod. Blake is the Funk Master Flex of the Lighting world, and he’s just getting started. Find out why Blake says following his passion is the only acceptable way to live his life on this episode of The Artrepreneur Now podcast. Also, don’t be a candy kid.
- Led Zeppelin
- Johny Bonham – Drummer from Led Zeppelin
- George Orwell
- Star Wars
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- Luke Stratton – LD for Dopapod
- Jefferson Waful – LD for Umphrey’s McGee
- Daniel Huidt – LD for Papadosio
1 hr to create something, with anyone…
- Create a way to control lighting systems with his hands through the assistance of Albert Einstein
To defeat Godzilla with his talents…
- Blake has a creative method to destroy the monster with lasers- find out the details on the podcast 🙂
Favorite Advice… (click to tweet)[Tweet “”If you get knocked down, pick yourself back up and do it again.”- Blake Addington”]
- If you want to do production or join the industry, push yourself everyday, but also reach out to others.